Prior Approval Rate Filing Information
Please use the most current rate application posted below.
For a summary of changes included in the new versions, please refer to the Application Change Log.
- The New Prior Approval Rate Application Process - A Tutorial, Edition 01-25-2019
- Application Change Log (READ FIRST), revised 01-25-2019
- Prior Approval Rate Filing Instructions, Edition 01-25-2019
- Prior Approval Rate Application, Edition 01-25-2019
- Prior Approval Rate Template, Edition 12-12-18
- Standard Exhibits Template, Edition 01-25-2019
- Prior Approval Factors (Efficiency Standard, Reserve Ratios, Leverage Factors)
- Maximum Permitted Rate of Return & Yields for Investment Income Calculation - January 2019 (Date Posted: February 1, 2019)
- Prior Approval Rate Application Process FAQs 04-11-17
- Prior Approval Rate Application - Data Quality and Reconciliation
- Model Checklist, Edition 03-24-2016
NOTE: The prior approval regulations where the Federal Income Tax rates are specifically cited have been amended. Effective February 23, 2018, a rate template incorporating the 21% Federal Income Tax rate must be provided when submitting a prior approval rate application.
"Please ensure you have enabled macros before attempting to use any of the features of the above templates. Please contact RRBtemplates@insurance.ca.gov for any comments, questions or technical difficulties regarding these templates."