Last Revised 02/28/2014
This page only lists the hearings scheduled in the Administrative Hearing Bureau's ("AHB") hearing rooms located in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Hearing dates and times are subject to change without notice. To get the most recent status of a hearing at the AHB, contact the AHB via e-mail or by calling (415) 538-4247.
To review the documents related to Rulemaking Hearings, visit the Department's searchable database using the file number.
Explanation of hearing types can be found below the list of hearings.
|Cal Prop. Management
Workers' Coompsenation Insurance
Location: 300 South Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90013
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Brief Explanation of CDI Hearing Types:
- A hearing about Workers' Compensation insurance rates. Appeals from determinations of the Workers' Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau or an insurer regarding classification of employees, experience modifications, and requests for information. These hearings do not concern specific claims or claims handling.
- A hearing required by law to receive public comments before adopting a regulation.
- A hearing to determine whether an insurer is not in compliance with the Insurance Code and associated regulations.
- A hearing to obtain an order requiring a person or entity to discontinue certain activity.
- A hearing to determine whether a person or entity is conducting business in a manner that threatens to render the business insolvent.
- A hearing to determine whether an unlicensed person or entity has been holding themselves out as a licensee and to obtain an order preventing the person or entity from continuing the unlawful activity.
- A hearing held by the Commissioner to receive public input on an issue to determine what action, if any, needs to be taken.
A hearing to consider the California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan's proposed rate change application.
- A hearing concerning participation in the California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan.
- A hearing appealing an administrative decision of the California Fair Access to Insurance Requirements Plan.
- A Rate Enforcement Bureau hearing to determine whether the Commissioner will approve the rates or rating plan that an insurer has requested.
- A hearing to determine what the rollback liability of an insurer is under Ins. Code Section 1861.01, associated regulations, and case law.
- A Rate Enforcement Bureau hearing brought against an insurer to enforce a provision of the Insurance Code dealing with rating and underwriting issues.
- A hearing to determine whether a person or entity has engaged in unfair or deceptive practices and to determine what penalty will be assessed.
- A hearing to determine whether it is contrary to the interests of the public for a licensee to continue to transact life settlements business. Ins. Code Section 10113.2.
- A hearing to determine whether the Commissioner will add additional insurance products to the list of products that can be offered by insurers not licensed in California.
- A hearing to determine whether the Commissioner will assess penalties against a licensee for selling excessive disability coverage to persons over 65.
- Appeal of Denial of Consent pursuant to 18 U.S.C. section 1033.
- Pursuant to Insurance Code section 10291.5(f), the Commissioner can withdraw approval of a policy form. The affected insurer may request a hearing to determine whether the withdrawal should be annulled, modified, or confirmed.
A hearing concerning a grievance by a member insurer from an action or decision of the California Insurance Guarantee Association. Ins. Code Section 1063.9(b).
Back to Top