Renew Your License Online Attention licensed agents and brokers! The California Department of Insurance (CDI) now provides a Free Application Online Renewal Service. This online program will guide the licensee, step-by-step, through the renewal process by asking the same questions that are stated on the traditional mail-in renewal application. The licensee will be able to answer the questions online, update contact information (address, e-mail, etc), and submit a credit card payment (Visa, American Express, MasterCard). There is no additional charge for the use of this service. Credit card transactions are encrypted and no one but the licensee and his or her credit card company will have access to the credit card number. The licensing record is updated on the CDI's Web site and the renewed license can be printed immediately at Print or Download Your license.*
All insurance producers licensed by the California Department of Insurance, with the exception of Late Renewals, Insurance Adjusters, Bail Agents, and Vehicle Service Contract Providers, can use this free online service.
Licensee must be within 90-days** prior to the renewal expiration date.
Before using CDI's Free Application Online Renewal Service, we recommend that you do the following:
- If you received your renewal notice that was sent to you by the CDI, please have it available as it contains information that may help you renew your license online. The notice contains your license number and six-digit renewal ID number that is located on the upper right hand corner of the notice.
- If you did not receive your renewal notice, you may still use this service by providing the last four digits of your social security number, license number, and date of birth.
- Have a credit card with you (Only Visa, American Express, and MasterCard will be accepted). Credit card transactions are encrypted and no one but the licensee and his or her credit card company will have access to the credit card number.
- An email address is required.
- Be prepared to print your confirmation page that you will receive at the completion of the transaction. (For your convenience, an email confirmation will also be sent)
Go to Free Application Online Renewal Service to renew your license now!
If you need further assistance, please call the CDI's Producer Licensing Bureau at (800) 967-9331 or send an e-mail to Producer Licensing Bureau. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address in all correspondence with the CDI.
*Resident individual insurance producers who have not met the continuing education requirements may still complete the online renewal application and submit the fees; however, your license will not be renewed until the required continuing education hours are completed. The continuing education must be completed before the expiration date of your license. The CDI suggests that you complete your continuing education at least 60 days prior to the expiration of your license in order to allow sufficient time for the recording of your continuing education hours. **If it is more than 90 days prior to the expiration of your license, you may not renew online at this time. If you attempt to complete this application more than 90 days prior to the expiration of the license, you will not be allowed to submit the renewal. Additionally, you may not renew online after the expiration of your license.