Print or Download Your License
Attention all individuals and business entities licensed by the department's Producer Licensing Bureau. CDI provides a Print or Download Your License service that will guide licensees, step-by-step, through the license printing and downloading process.
Steps to print or download your license:
Individuals will be required to provide the following:
- Step 1 - Enter their Last Name
- Step 2 - Enter the last four digits of their Social Security Number, and
- Step 3 - Enter either their birthdate (mm/dd/yyyy) or license number.
Business Entities will be required to provide the following:
- Step 1 - Enter their entire FEIN number, and
- Step 2 - Enter either any CDI approved name (i.e. legal name or dba name) or license number.
Then press "Next"
The screen will show the License Download Service. Individual and Business Entities may either print or download their license or branch office certificate. If an individual or a business entity holds more than one license, this page will show all licenses issued so that you may choose which one you would like to print or download.
The license is provided in PDF format and is encrypted to prevent any edits from being made. The license also includes a statement instructing consumers to check CDI's website to validate the current status of a license. As a PDF attachment, the license may also be emailed to others such as employers, potential employers, insurers, insurance agencies and managing general agents.
Please note that Section 1725 of the California Insurance Code, which requires Property Broker-Agents and Casualty Broker-Agents to prominently display the license in their office, still applies.
Go to "Print or Download Your License" to print or download your license now!
Please review the following printing tips:
- To download or print the license or certificate that is in PDF format, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer. A free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from our Free Document Readers webpage.
- Please print your license on plain white paper to ensure the quality of the print is adequate.
- If the license print is light, please check your ink cartridge or use another printer to see if the quality of the print improves.
- If the license prints to the right or the left, the printer setting causes this to occur. Please use another printer to print your license.
- If the license prints in portrait instead of landscape orientation, on the PDF print screen in the Print Handling portion, the "Auto-Rotate Center" option must be checked.
If you have any problems printing the PDF license, please refer to the License and Certificate Printing Frequently Asked Questions. If you need further assistance, please call CDI's Producer Licensing Bureau at (800) 967-9331 or send an e-mail to Producer Licensing Bureau. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number, license number and e-mail address in all correspondence with the CDI.