Health Related Insurance Information
Studies and Reports
Dealing With Catastrophes
Market Conduct Exam Reports
Prop 103 Consumer Intervenor Process
Talk to Us
This page contains links to news items and original documents relating to Holocaust Era claims.
- Insurance Commissioner John Garamendi & Jewish Community Leaders Continue to Fight for Justice After U.S. Supreme Court Strikes Down California's Holocaust Victims Relief Act June 26, 2003
- Insurance Commissioner Reminds Holocaust Survivors and Heirs of Claim Filing Deadline January 16, 2002
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Issues Ruling on the Holocaust Victim Insurance Relief Act February 7, 2001
- Holocaust Policyholder List Obtained -- Insurance Commisioner Announces Submission by Dutch Association of Insurers April 4, 2000
- Insurance Commissioner Subpoenas Munich Re Officials to Investigate Efforts to Resolve Holocaust-Era Insurance Claims March 7, 2000
- Insurance Commissioner Holds Investigatory Hearings Regarding Readiness of Insurance Companies to Comply With California's Holocaust Registry Law December 2, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner Reaches Second And Third Agreements In Two Days With Companies to Resolve Insurance Claims of California Holocaust Survivors December 1, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner Announces Landmark Agreement With Aegon to Resolve Insurance Claims of California Holocaust Survivors November 30, 1999
- Holocaust Investigatory Hearing Announcement November 18, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner to Subpoena Companies to December Hearings to Investigate Efforts to Resolve Unpaid Holocaust-Era Insurance Issues November 9, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner Announces Multiple Actions to Investigate Insurance Companies Identified in April for Holocaust Claims Payment Denial June 22, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner Lauds Supreme Court Decision Removing Obstacles From Holocaust Victims Seeking Justice June 17, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner Applauds Significant Rulings by Los Angeles Superior Court Regarding Holocaust Era Insurance Claims June 1, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner Launches Aggressive Program To Secure Restitution For Holocaust Survivors and Their Heirs April 30, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner Deploys Team to London Meeting of International Commission on Holocaust-Era Insurance Claims (ICHEIC) March 3, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner Appointed to Holocaust Issues Executive Monitoring Committee February 24, 1999
- Insurance Commissioner Lauds Court Decision as Another Victory for Holocaust Victims and Their Heirs January 27, 1999
- Creation of the Presidential Advisory Commission on Holocaust Assests in the United States. Source: "New commission will examine Holocaust assets in the U.S." International Monitor, March 1999.
- Washington Conference on Holocaust Era Assets. Source: U.S. Department of State Press Release, November 30, 1998 - December 3, 1998.
- Seminar on Holocaust-Era Insurance Issues, Organized by the U.S. Department of State, is Held in Prague. Source: U.S. Department of State Press Release, November 4, 1998.
- New York's Holocaust Victims Insurance Act is Signed into Law. Source: New York State's Holocaust Claims Processing Office Web Page, July 1998.
- Creation of New York State Commission on Recovery of Holocaust Victims' Assets. Source: New York State's Holocaust Claims Processing Office Web Page, May 8, 1998.
- German Government and Conference of Jewish Material Claims Reach an Agreement to Establish a Fund for Compensation of Holocaust Victims in Eatern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Source: Press Statement by James P. Rubin, Spokesman for the U.S. Department of State, Jan. 13, 1998.
- New York State Banking Department Opens Holocaust Claims Processing Office. Source: New York State's Claims Processing Office Web Page, September 15, 1997.
- Swiss Banks Create Private Sector Humanitarian Fund to Alleviate Plight of Holocaust Victims and Heirs. Source: U.S. Department of State Press Release, February 5, 1997.
Back to Menu