The initial policyholder list prepared by the International Commission on Holocaust Era Insurance Claims (ICHEIC) can be viewed at www1.yadvashem.org/pheip/. It contains names from the following insurers - AXA, Allianz, Generali, Winterthur and Zurich, together with information regarding insurance policies taken from Nazi records contained in Austrian archives.
The ICHEIC claims filing period ended December 31, 2003. Contact Leslie Tick if you wish to file a claim or inquiry with the insurer directly.
Please note that the International Commission list does not include the following kinds of policies, among others:
- Policies written by Eastern Europe subsidiaries of the above named companies.
- Policies that were paid into blocked accounts instead of to the beneficiaries.
- Policies that were confiscated by the Nazis.
- Policies that were surrendered under duress.
- Policies written to non-Jewish victims of the Nazis.
Back to Menu