Health Related Insurance Information
Studies and Reports
Dealing With Catastrophes
Market Conduct Exam Reports
Prop 103 Consumer Intervenor Process
Talk to Us
Prop. 103 Consumer Intervenor Process
Proposition 103 authorized a process for consumer participation in the administrative process for setting insurance rates, and permitted consumer "intervenors" to recover advocacy and witness fees and expenses under certain circumstances. For information about the process, please review all the information provided below.
California Code of Regulations, Title 10, Chapter 5
- Sections 2661.1 - 2662.8 - Current intervenor regulations
- Several forms from the "old" intervenor regulations have not been superceded by the current regulations and may be a good place to start.
- Section 2623.2 (Request for Finding of Eligibility)
- Section 2623.3 (Notice of Intent to Seek Compensation)
- Section 2623.5 (Request for Award of Compensation)
Requests for, and Findings of Eligibility to Seek Compensation received since January 1, 2013
- Request for Finding of Eligibility to Seek Compensation from the National Asian American Coalition, received February 28, 2013:
- Finding of Eligibility to Seek Compensation for the National Asian American Coalition, granted March 18, 2013:
The Public Advisor monitors and assists participation by members of the public in the Department of Insurance's proceedings. Public Advisor Ed Wu can be reached at (213) 346-6635.