2001 CA Property Casualty Market Share
The following reports are for the 2001 Market Share of Property & Casualty Insurers licensed to do business in California. The data are from the National Association of Insurance Commissioner's (NAIC) database, for California licensed companies only. The information is the same as reported on the State Page (page 24) of the insurer's Annual Statement or known as the Statutory Page 14 data. Furthermore, only companies actively doing business in California (with Direct Written Premium greater than $0) are shown.
The reports are "by line of business" on an individual company basis and on a group basis, and are sorted alphabetically by company (or group) name, and by their written premium. The Top 25 Groups' report shows their breakdown of business written by concentration level, which is defined by the percentages of premium written in 2001 by line of business with respect to that group's total business written. These Top 25 Groups represent 77.3% of California's property and casualty industry.
- Market Share Summary (in pdf format)
- Market Share by Line, by Company Name (in pdf format)
- Market Share by Line, by Group Name (in pdf format)
- Market Share by Line, by Company Written Premium (in pdf format)
- Market Share by Line, by Group Written Premium (in pdf format)
- Top 25 Insurance Groups' Concentration Level (in pdf format)
- Premium & Loss Distribution Chart, by Line (in pdf format)
- Historical (1991-2001) Premium & Loss Charts by Line (in pdf format)
Rec # Record Count (# of companies or groups in the report)
Group # NAIC assigned # for the Group of companies
NAIC # NAIC assigned # for the Individual companies
Company Name Name of the insurer
Written Premium CA Direct Written Premium (DWP) Market Share Calculated by dividing the insurer's DWP by the Total DWP for all insurers Concentration Level The % of premium written in 2000 by line of business with respect to the group's total business written Earned Premium CA Direct Earned Premium (DEP) Incurred Losses CA Direct Losses Incurred (DLI) Loss Ratio Calculated by dividing the insurer's DLI by the DEP