1998 CA Property Casualty Market Share
The following reports are for the 1998 Market Share of Property & Casualty Insurers licensed to do business in California. The data are from the National Association of Insurance Commissioner's (NAIC) database, for California licensed companies only. The information is the same as reported on the State Page (page 15) of the insurer's Annual Statement. Furthermore, only companies actively doing business in California (with Direct Written Premium greater than $0) are shown.
Please note that the NAIC database does not include premium/loss data from the California Earthquake Authority (CEA). CEA's 1998 Direct Written Premium was $393,874,333.
The reports are "by line of business" on an individual company basis and on a group basis, and are sorted alphabetically by company (or group) name. The last two reports are sorted by written premium.
- Market Share Summary by Line (in pdf format)
- Market Share by Line, by Company Name (in pdf format)
- Market Share by Line, by Group Name (in pdf format)
- Market Share by Line, by Company Written Premium (in pdf format)
- Market Share by Line, by Group Written Premium (in pdf format)
- Historical (1991-1998) Premium & Loss Charts by selected lines of business (in pdf format)
KEY: The columns of the report are as follows:
Rec # Record Count (# of companies or groups in the report)
Group # NAIC assigned # for the Group of companies
NAIC # NAIC assigned # for the Individual companies
Company Name Name of the insurer
Written Premium 1998 CA Direct Written Premium (DWP)
Market Share Calculated by dividing the insurer's DWP by the Total DWP for all insurers
Earned Premium 1998 CA Direct Earned Premium (DEP)
Incurred Losses 1998 CA Direct Losses Incurred (DLI)
Loss Ratio Calculated by dividing the insurer's DLI by the DEP